The pillars of GOOD HEALTH:
Eat a clean diet
Move to your groove
Keep a positive mindset
Eating a clean diet
We are surrounded by slogans such as “Eat Fresh, Eat Clean, Eat Raw”
It is very important that you understand that what you eat is what you become. Fresh is best and the reason is that the food you are choosing to eat has all its nutrients intact. Choose this year to put your health in your own hands. This means that you take full responsibility for everything you are choosing to eat knowing that your food is your fuel that recharges your mind and body every moment of every day. Reclaiming your health is not as difficult as you think. Noone has your best interest in mind as you do. Clean eating is about starting to eat:
*NB if you are choosing to eat meat eating unaltered meat is the key as processed meat has high quantities of salt and preservatives which enter your bloodstream and build over time.
Let’s start with NOURISHING your circulatory system
This system is made up of a collection of vessels and organs that distributes life giving fluids throughout your body. These fluids deliver nutrients to the tissues of your body and mind giving each cell the energy it needs to survive and thrive. Your lymphatic system is part of your circulatory system and produces and nourishes your blood cells. This plays a key role in the health of your immune system too. The other part of your circulatory system is your cardiovascular system.
Boosting your Cardiovascular health is made easy when you add:
- Berries – Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries which are low in calories and high in both soluble fibre and high in antioxidants
- All types of Beans – high in soluble fibre, which reduces blood cholesterol levels which is key to staying healthy throughout your lifetime
- Monusaturated fats – avocados, flaxseeds, chia seeds, nuts and cold water fish like salmon, these good fats which include omega 3 fatty acids decrease inflammation and lower your triglyceride levels
- Dark leafy greens – Spinach, kale, chard and rocket are loaded with antioxidants and support certain enzymes in your body important to keeping circulation at its optimum levels
- Whole grains – Oats, whole wheat, brown rice, quinoa are rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals that support your daily health.
It is important to remember that your daily health is what encourage a balanced mind and body. Eating well only a few times per week isn’t sufficient to maintain boosted energy, uplifted mood, healthy metabolism, healthy bowel, healthy heart, healthy nervous system…the aim is to make a decision today that you will make an effort every day to give yourself foods that nourish rather than foods that lack nutrition. Remember live foods create more life within.
By Susan Gianevsky.